Search This Blog

Subscribe to Let's Talk Business!

Sunday, November 11, 2007

No rugby yesterday

I went down to the park yesterday, but no rugby. So sad. I was told last week that it's the off season, but I've managed to find two games in the last few weeks, so I thought I'd try my luck again. I guess I'll have to go to some practices to find out what's going on. I'll have to wait until my back clears up (it's twinging) to actually try to run around with the boys (plus I have to find my cleats and a suitable pair of shorts), but I can go see what's going on and meet some people. That's one of the great things about rugby. Once you're a rugby player, you're in the club. You can go around anywhere, find a team, and instantly be accepted. You're not just some old, out-of-shape guy hanging around, you're a rugby player without cleats or shorts.

I'll keep looking around for what's going on with rugby here in Hawaii, and I'll let you know what I find.

2 comments:

Las Vegas Rugby said...

Steve, I used to play out in Hawaii and you can usually find good info on hawaiiharlequins.com or on myspace.com you can search for Hawaii Harlequins to get contact info. Believe the Harlequins were on Maui last weekend. Best of luck!

Cheers, Tim Taylor
www.lasvegasblackjacks.blogspot.com

Steve said...

Thanks, las vegas rugby. I met a couple of people from the Harlequins and the Barbarians. I just need to go to practices and find out more. Aloha.