Search This Blog

Subscribe to Let's Talk Business!

Monday, November 12, 2007

I'm a veteran

I'm a veteran. Today's Veteran's Day (well, today's the day off of work holiday, yesterday was the actual Veteran's Day). Show your appreciation to your veterans; go shake a vet's hand, buy a homeless vet a meal.

I was lucky. When I was in the army the U.S. was not involved in any wars. So after training (Airborne - Hoo Ahh!) I spent most of my time in the motor pool at Ft. Bragg. Because of that I don't always consider myself a "real" veteran. I'm not in the same class as the guys and gals who have gone to combat, or into dangerous conflict areas. And I'm not in the same class as everyone who has served long enough to retire. Still, I am a veteran. It was a good experience, though military life really wasn't for me. An experience I think everyone should go through, for the learning, discipline, and opportunity it presents.

So go hug a vet.

No comments: