Search This Blog

Subscribe to Let's Talk Business!

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Performance

I conducted another interview for inclusion in my upcoming book. A recurring theme among the best organizations is that they measure performance. The plan, and they measure performance against the plan.

Measuring performance without an objective standard or criteria to measure against is meaningless. That's what many organizations do, however. They evaluate performance in isolation or against some undefined perception. Performance of suppliers, of employees, and of yourself has to be measured against pre-determined standards or criteria if they are to mean anything. The thing is, people like to be measured. They like to be measured if they can meet the standards or criteria. That's important.

You can't measure an individual's performance if they are not give the tools, training, and resources that are needed to complete the task. The same goes for suppliers. You must act as a responsible customer, and you must tell them ahead of time what they will be measured on and how you will perform the measurements.

Be one of the best. Plan, and measure your performance.

1 comment:

Gisella Vargas Ojeda said...

Hi

My name is Lucy Anderson. I've just visited your website http://www.blogcatalog.com/blog/lets-talk-business and I was wondering if you'd be interested in exchanging links with my website.
I can offer you a HOME PAGE link back from my Business and Recruitment websites, your link will be in my 2 sites exactly here:

http://www.gdfschengxin.com/ (pr1)
http://www.rezmany.com/ (pr2)

If you are interested, please add the following information to your
website and kindly let me know when it's ready. I'll do the same for
you in less than 24 hours , otherwise you can delete my link from
your site.

Title: Electrical Engineering Jobs
URL: http://www.icerecruit.com/electrical/jobs.htm
Description: Electrical engineering job vacancies from Ice Recruit.

I hope you have a nice day and thank you for your time.

Best regards;

Lucy Anderson
Web Marketing Consultant


PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT A SPAM OR AUTOMATED EMAIL, IT'S ONLY A REQUEST FOR A LINK EXCHANGE. YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS HAS NOT BEEN ADDED TO ANY LISTS, AND YOU WILL NOT BE CONTACTED AGAIN.IF YOU'D LIKE TO MAKE SURE WE DON'T CONTACT YOU AGAIN, PLEASE FILL IN THE FOLLOWING FORM: HTTP://WWW.NOMOREMAILS.COM; OR WRITE AN EMAIL TO
STOP@NOMOREMAILS.COM.PLEASE ACCEPT OUR APOLOGIES FOR CONTACTING YOU.