Search This Blog

Subscribe to Let's Talk Business!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Recharged

I got my usual recharge at the APICS meeting that I attended last weekend. The Pacific Western District (the Pacific northwest and Hawaii) held their January meeting here in Honolulu. As a member of the Hawaii Chapter Board of Directors, I took the opportunity to attend.

I always get recharged at APICS meetings. The District meetings are primarily to conduct Chapter related business. All the Chapter President's and the District Staff get together to discuss issues related to running the chapters. Always lots of good information, and always a fun time (all work and no play make Jack a dull boy).

The biggest recharge for me, however, comes from seeing and visiting with old friends, and making new friends. APICS folks are a fine lot. Very dedicated, smart, and fun to be with.

All I need to do now is figure out how to get to Sacramento in June for the Annual training meeting. That's bigger and better than the "regular" meetings, and is not to be missed.

If you're in the Operations field, or work with or interact with the Operations people, you should seriously consider joining. You'll get out of it what you put into it.

No comments: