Search This Blog

Subscribe to Let's Talk Business!

Monday, December 29, 2008

Rugby Muscle

So that’s what I look like when I’m running down the field breaking tackles, and heading for the try line? OK, maybe not. But you do notice that he’s holding a rugby ball in this exhibit?

This is from “Bodies, The Exhibition” currently in Honolulu. There’s a couple of these traveling exhibits of dissected human bodies, and one is in Honolulu at the moment. I haven’t been to see it, but that’s just because I’m too cheap to pay the price of admission. I first heard about these exhibits a year or so ago on National Public Radio, and they sound pretty interesting. If you can handle seeing actual human cadavers being displayed this way, that is.

This photo (by Dennis Oda at the Honolulu Star-Bulletin) accompanies an article in today’s paper about the exhibit. Specifically about the controversy surrounding the bodies themselves. The company can’t guarantee that they came from willing donations, rather than from executed prisoners (they’re from China). A valid concern, of course. But mostly I thought it was neat to see that this particular body was carrying a rugby ball.

No comments: