Search This Blog

Subscribe to Let's Talk Business!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Vietnam Day 1

I arrived in Ho Chi Minh City about 10:00 pm last night. The crush of people waiting for arriving passengers was quite amazing. Luckily my hotel sent a car to pick me up, and the driver had my name on a long stick so I could see it above the crowd.

After 18 hours of flying, I went right to sleep. My internal clock is not set yet, so I got about 5 hours of sleep before waking up.

After a great breakfast (buffet) at the hotel, I went out for a walk. The heat and humidity was a bit more than I'm used to these days, so I ended up not going very far. Just got a little feel for the place. Crossing the street was not quite as difficult as I expected, but, man, you do have to keep your eyes open and you just have to go.

My host then picked me up and we went for coffee and lunch while talking business. They make good coffee here, this ain't Starbucks. I don't know what I had for lunch, some sort of noodle soup, but it was really good. My host told me we would go to a top of the line pho place another time.

On the schedule for this evening is to go out and try some local beers. Not too many, though, as I've got my first presentation at lunch tomorrow.

No comments: