Search This Blog

Subscribe to Let's Talk Business!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Would You Like Customer Service With That?

Safeway has a new self-checkout line. Now you get to choose between poor service and no service.

Half the time the regular checkout is almost like a self checkout. Your existence barely registers a blip on their radar as they chat to their friends, check the break schedule, or get distracted by ... Oh! A squirrel! Sometimes while standing in line I move my hands back and forth like I'm scanning my items. No sense just standing there looking at a blank wall. No one notices. Except the people in line behind me. I tell them I'm playing air piano.

Customer Service is an integral part of Business Operations. Business Operations being the part of your organization directly responsible for the delivery of your products and services to your customers. Poor Customer Service means poor Business Operations. Poor Business Operations means lower profits, loss of customers, and in this economy can mean downfall of the business.

No comments: